I love Zucchini, but I would never have thought it would be good in bread. I do not know where this recipe originated from; my mother sent this zucchini bread recipe to me in an email. I also adjusted the recipe to my liking, so this isn’t an exact copy of the recipe I received from my other.
Fresh Zucchini Bread
Whether you like zucchini or not you should make this bread and give it a try. My oldest son said it tasted more like banana bread and he does not like zucchini at all. However, he loves this bread. I will tell you that freshly baked bread tastes much better if you are using freshly picked zucchinis from your garden. However, not everyone grows zucchinis in their garden, so buying them at the store will work just fine.
Since we don’t have a garden this year, I’m going to be looking at the grocery store to make a few loaves. I cannot wait!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil I used corn oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded Zucchini about 2 medium Zucchini
- Preheat your oven to 350° and grease 2 8x4 loaf pans (or one if you don't mind tossing some mixture).
- In a large bowl; beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until blended well.2 cups sugar, 1 cup canola oil, 3 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl; combine all other dry ingredients (exclude nuts if you are adding those to your recipe). Gradually beat the dry mixture into the large bowl until moistened. It will get harder for you to combine all the dry ingredients.3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Stir in the Zucchini (and nuts). You may need to use your mixer to get it really mixed together.2 cups shredded Zucchini
- Pour mixture into prepared pan(s). Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan(s) and place on wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe is enough to make 2 loaves of bread, perfect to have one for yourself, and to give one to a friend or family member.
What’s your favorite freshly baked bread?
Have you tried our Homemade Banana Bread? If you haven’t, you really should check out this recipe!