Chicken dishes are huge in our family, especially when they involved cheese. This is most likely why we like Chicken Parmesan meals so much. What makes them better? Turning the Chicken Parmesan into a baked pasta dish.
Make your baked pasta into a one-pot meal
Not only is this a super easy meal to make, but if you own an iron skillet, you can make your Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta into a one-pot meal. Fewer dishes, a great meal, what could be better? Don’t wan’t meat in your dish? No problem, just make the recipe without the chicken! You can also use any noodle type you’d like. We just happen to like shells.
I love one-pot meals. Less dishes and more time to spend with the family!
Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta
- Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz box of shells pasta
- 1 - 1-1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Pan-fry the chicken breast pieces in a little coconut oil until cooked thoroughly.
- In large skillet heat oil, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the water, chicken broth, and pasta and stir. Bring mixture to a boil and then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to stir the pasta often.
- Once pasta is tender, move items to a baking dish and stir in 3/4 - 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, pepper, and chicken.
- Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
This recipe is adapted from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures. Know that you can add additional items into this dish. We’ve adjusted this recipe from its original because of food allergies. You could easily add onions, tomatoes, green peppers, and more and make it your own. The sky is the limit to what you can add or remove from this recipe. As I mentioned earlier, change up the noodles in this baked pasta dish. Change the meat. Make it more creamy. Add vegetables. It’s all up to you.
What is your favorite pasta dish, let me know in the comments?
Have you seen this other pasta dish, Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken & Vegetables? If not, you should head over and check it out. It’s a delicious dish, in fact, it is one of my ultimate favorite dishes that I’ve posted a recipe for. You won’t be disappointed, I promise.