These looked like they would be really good cookies, minus the coconut of course. Since I already made some cookies for the husband, I decided to make these without the coconut so I could enjoy them even if I’m not a huge fan of oatmeal cookies.
Adapted from the original recipe in The Great American Cookie Cookbook page 17.
Hawaiian Drops Cookies
- 3/4 cups 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups "M&M's" Chocolate Mini Baking Bits
- 1 cup Chocolate Chip Mini's
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet(s)
- Cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda and blend into cream mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cooking sheet(s).
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet(s) and then move to wire racks to completely cool.