You have to love when your child comes up to you and says that they want a specific snack that fits perfectly into the recipe challenge you are doing for that month. Thaddeus was looking through a Dole recipe book that I received during Reviewers Retreat last month, and they had a fruit and yogurt parfait in there that had something to do with pirates and of course, being the little pirate he is, he just had to have one for a snack.
Fruite & Granola Crunch Parfait
Thankfully I had all the ingredients to make the parfait, even if they weren’t brand specific and were different flavors. It wasn’t something I was planning on making for this challenge, but what the heck. Please keep in mind; I used kids tube yogurt and chocolate granola instead of vanilla yogurt and regular granola.
Fruit & Granola Crunch Parfait
- Yogurt Vanilla is probably best
- Granola Your choice
- Fruit; this particular one has blueberries and peaches Your choice
- Line the bottom of the serving dish (my case was a tumbler) with some granola. Doesn't have to be much, you'll basically divide the amount you'd want to eat in the serving by two.Granola
- Add the first half of the yogurt, in this case it was one tube of kids yogurt.Yogurt
- Add your first type of fruit (blueberries) and then top with more yogurt (again one tube of kids yogurt).Fruit; this particular one has blueberries and peaches
- Put the next type of fruit on (2 peach slices) and then sprinkle the remaining granola on top.Yogurt, Granola, Fruit; this particular one has blueberries and peaches
Now, as I mentioned this would be much better with vanilla yogurt as some of the kids flavored yogurt doesn’t go well with most fruits, but that’s what we had on hand at the time.